Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 9!

Day 9 - We are almost 10% done with our real food!  It has been going pretty well.  The children have really been into it.  I was not sure how they would take to the changes.  Today I made some gramcrackers.  I had to stop the children from eating them.  They are really easy to make and it is fun making foods, I know what is in them and know that it is real.  If you would like to try your hand at these, here you go:
        
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ cups butter, melted
  • ½ cups honey
Mix together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and soda. Separately, mix the butter and honey and then pour into the dry ingredients. Mix well and drop onto a greased baking sheet (jelly roll size). Roll out to the corners with a rolling pin. I usually end up using my hands to press out the mixture as it tends to be pretty sticky! Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Cut quickly when they come out of the oven. Your kids will love it when you use different shaped cookie cutters! These are delicious warm out of the oven, but they also keep well.

I also made a batch of chocolate.  Added 1/3 cup cocoa to the recipe (left our the cinnamon) to make chocolate graham crackers.

Cut and ready to serve!


Chocolate graham crackers still in the pan.
 We will also be having homemade pizza for supper.  I need to be getting the toppings on and getting it in!  Any children want to help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment