Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 51

Here I am past the half way point and I didn't even write anything on day 50.  We have done a wonderful job of getting to this point.  We have had family here for the past week, the reason for not being able to get on.  So I will try to recap some of the happenings this past week!

Day 45 - Had another birthday in the household.  We will have one more during this 100 days.  I made a carrot cake, but it was only a 9x9 pan size.  The birthday boy eat over half of it.  It was just a cake with no frosting, that is how he likes it and always has it.  We were busy getting ready for family to come in.

Day 46 - Sunday, we ate at home with most of our visitors.  Some of them had doughnuts at church and with was hard on our youngest boy who didn't know why his cousin (that is the same age as him) was getting one.  We had a nice homemade meal for lunch after church that was waiting for us in the crock pot.  Most of our visitors left to go visit some of their other family a little bit farther away.

Day 47 - Had the pleasure of us all making homemade pizza for grandma for supper!

Day 48 -  Today, I had my mom helping me make applesauce.  I was able to get a lot in the freezer for later.  We were able to enjoy it with our supper.

Day 49 - We were in charge of taking care of the meal for Dinner and Devotion tonight at church.  We decided to have breakfast.  We made whole wheat pancakes and white (for those that didn't want to have whole wheat).  Most people went for the whole wheat ones and we ended up not having any left.  But we had a whole bunch of white ones.  We sent them home with someone.  We also had some meat and eggs and homemade applesauce, and fruit salad.  I also made some homemade raspberry topping.

Day 50 -  Preparing for family to come back to stay with us for one last night.  Knowing that they were coming, I made some gram crackers and cheese crackers so they would be able to try them and so I could send some on the road with them for snacks.  I made supper that was fish, homemade mac-n-cheese, and veggies.  Knowing that they are not use to eating like us, I went ahead and pan fried some of the fish and baking some for us.  They enjoyed it done both ways.

Day 51 - Today our company left right before 10, I have been changing bedding and cleaning up.  We were able to enjoy leftovers for lunch and sandwiches for supper.  Our sandwiches were natural peanut butter with bananas and yogurt.  I asked my family what was the first thing that they may want to have when our days are over: gum and candy was the answer with one that said, "I don't know, but something that I haven't been able to eat."

No comments:

Post a Comment