Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 39

Have been one busy person.  Had a yard sale and had to get everything ready, plus everything else.  Just thought I would put a little update as I am watching the Packer game!  Well fill more in later!

Day 34

Day 35 - I turned a new recipe for supper tonight.  It was called Key West Chicken with pineapple.  It was suppose to be grilled but I just made it on the stove.  The older two children and I thought that it was a little too sour, but Eric and Enoch loved it.  I may try to make it again on the grill and see how it looks out.  I will try to post the recipe so you can see if you like it!  I used a can of pineapple.

Key West Grilled Chicken and Pineapple
Ingredients:
1 cup lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
6 Tbs. brown cane sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 small pineapple
Preparation:
In a small bowl, combine lime juice, oil, cane sugar, salt, cumin, ginger, and fresh cilantro.  Remove ends and skin from pineapple.  Cut lengthwise into 8 wedges and remove the core portion from each wedge.  Place chicken breasts in a large plastic sipper bag and half the marinade.  In a different bag place pineapple wedges and remaining marinade.  Seal both bags, turn to coat and refrigerate for 60 minutes.  Preheat grill and grill chicken breasts, turning once until chicken is cooked through.  Grill pineapple wedges until heated throughout.  Serve each chicken breast with 2 pineapple wedges.

Day 36

Day 37 - It was kinda tough today!  Having a yard sale and having something that could have just be thrown into the oven would have been so easy to have done, but I didn't cheat!

Day 38 - My daughter got a fun size candy bar today after volleyball.  I am so pound of her.  She could have easily have eaten it and we would have never knew, but instead she brought it to me and told me that she was going to put it in the freezer until she was allowed to eat it!  Yeah! 

Day 39 - Today we had some chocolate muffins.  They turned out pretty good.  The children ate them right up.  For supper tonight we had baked potatoes with plain yogurt on top, sweet potatoes, meatloaf with oatmeal in it, and green beans.  What a filling meal to have right before evening church!

No comments:

Post a Comment